Toronto serial killer was a mall Santa (video)
An alleged serial killer in Toronto, who has been charged in five murders, was also a mall Santa, according to new reports Monday.
CBC News reports: Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur did landscaping work at a building down the road from the property where police recovered the remains of at least six people, according to two former tenants.
McArthur was living in Toronto’s Thorncliffe Park neighbourhood, but was known to frequent the Church and Wellesley area, an area Global News reports is a “historic” LGBTQ neighborhood. On Monday, KTLA reported the following:
As investigators dug for bodies at a Toronto-area property Monday, details continued to emerge about the life of suspect Bruce McArthur.
McArthur, who is charged with five counts of murder and is alleged to have hidden some victims’ remains in planters around Toronto, served as Santa Claus at Agincourt Mall in the Scarborough neighborhood of the city.
“He was hired through an event management company who provides various forms of entertainers including Santa to many events throughout the (Greater Toronto area),” a statement from the mall said.
“There were no reported incidents by customers or by store and mall employees during his time at the mall.”
The statement from the mall provided no further details of his employment.
“We extend our condolences to the families and friends of the victims of these horrific crimes,” it said.
According to Global News, McArthur’s Facebook account showed him posing with families in his Santa costume. The alleged killer’s Facebook account has since been deactivated.
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- Florida lawmaker’s aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are actors
- Florida student speak out: I’m not a crisis actor (video)
- Pelosi proposes SHOCKING alternative to border wall (video)
- Prominent attorney charged for sexually abusing dog (video)
- UPDATE: 7th grader who shot himself at school had alarming items in backpack
- Trump accuser makes ominous threat (video)
- Reader sends screenshot of Facebook’s new censorship ploy (picture)
- Mueller files additional charges against Manafort, Gates
- REPORT: Retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- WaPo publishes video comparing Trump and Obama reactions to school shootings (video)