Toronto serial killer was a mall Santa (video)
An alleged serial killer in Toronto, who has been charged in five murders, was also a mall Santa, according to new reports Monday.
CBC News reports: Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur did landscaping work at a building down the road from the property where police recovered the remains of at least six people, according to two former tenants.
McArthur was living in Toronto’s Thorncliffe Park neighbourhood, but was known to frequent the Church and Wellesley area, an area Global News reports is a “historic” LGBTQ neighborhood. On Monday, KTLA reported the following:
As investigators dug for bodies at a Toronto-area property Monday, details continued to emerge about the life of suspect Bruce McArthur.
McArthur, who is charged with five counts of murder and is alleged to have hidden some victims’ remains in planters around Toronto, served as Santa Claus at Agincourt Mall in the Scarborough neighborhood of the city.
“He was hired through an event management company who provides various forms of entertainers including Santa to many events throughout the (Greater Toronto area),” a statement from the mall said.
“There were no reported incidents by customers or by store and mall employees during his time at the mall.”
The statement from the mall provided no further details of his employment.
“We extend our condolences to the families and friends of the victims of these horrific crimes,” it said.
According to Global News, McArthur’s Facebook account showed him posing with families in his Santa costume. The alleged killer’s Facebook account has since been deactivated.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
- BREAKING: Two injured in Indiana school shooting, shooter in custody
- Trump Tweets: Releases a Twitter Storm against Dems!
- REPORT: Trump taps vocal anti-illegal immigration advocate for State Dept’s top refugee job
- UPDATE: See how many people have signed the IMPORTANT E-Verify petition
- BREAKING: Over a dozen wounded, some critical, after bomb detonates in Ontario
- REPORT: Obama declares he signed deal with Netflix as platform to train next generation
- Trump Tweet: Responds to North Korea’s reaction to cancelled meeting
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels’ Entourage Accused of Abhorrent Behavior at Iconic Gay Nightclub
- REPORT: Estimated 7,000 bodies may be buried at former asylum