Trump accuser’s lawyer: Offers pouring in to pay penalty to break silence (video)
In an interview with CNN’s Michael Smerconish on Saturday, the lawyer for adult film star Stormy Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, claimed at least ten people – in the last three days – have offered to cover the $1 million fine if Daniels will go ahead and tell her story.
According to reports, Michael Cohen, who is Trump’s personal lawyer, paid Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet about an alleged affair, which she claims occurred 12 years ago. If she breaks her silence, a $1 million penalty will reportedly apply for every interview she gives about her story.
Daniels’ lawyer, Michael Avenatti, claims the penalty is no problem – it’s covered.
The Washington Examiner reported on the interview:
“Has anyone offered to pony up the million dollars to protect her and say, ‘Here, I’m good for it, go tell your story’?” Smerconish asked.
Avenatti replied: “At least ten individuals in the last three days alone.”
The lawyer argued that no court in California would ever enforce the $1 million penalty. “Michael, you know based on your experience, that term, even if everyone agreed to it, it is so unconscionable,” Avenatti said.
The CNN anchor challenged Avenatti on that point, asking why, if the penalty didn’t exist, has Clifford not spoken out on in an interview and “tell whatever the story is that she is dying to tell.”
The lawyer hinted that might happen soon but provided no further context.
Watch the interview below:
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?