Trump accuser’s lawyer: Offers pouring in to pay penalty to break silence (video)
In an interview with CNN’s Michael Smerconish on Saturday, the lawyer for adult film star Stormy Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, claimed at least ten people – in the last three days – have offered to cover the $1 million fine if Daniels will go ahead and tell her story.
According to reports, Michael Cohen, who is Trump’s personal lawyer, paid Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet about an alleged affair, which she claims occurred 12 years ago. If she breaks her silence, a $1 million penalty will reportedly apply for every interview she gives about her story.
Daniels’ lawyer, Michael Avenatti, claims the penalty is no problem – it’s covered.
The Washington Examiner reported on the interview:
“Has anyone offered to pony up the million dollars to protect her and say, ‘Here, I’m good for it, go tell your story’?” Smerconish asked.
Avenatti replied: “At least ten individuals in the last three days alone.”
The lawyer argued that no court in California would ever enforce the $1 million penalty. “Michael, you know based on your experience, that term, even if everyone agreed to it, it is so unconscionable,” Avenatti said.
The CNN anchor challenged Avenatti on that point, asking why, if the penalty didn’t exist, has Clifford not spoken out on in an interview and “tell whatever the story is that she is dying to tell.”
The lawyer hinted that might happen soon but provided no further context.
Watch the interview below:
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- Melania Trump tweets photos of visit to migrant children camp
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- REPORT: Rasmussen poll reveals who voters blame for border crisis
- REPORT: Liberal actress offers to foster migrant children brought to New York