Trump to face protests in CA when visiting border wall today
During his campaign, candidate Trump faced massive protests in California over his hard stance on immigration. The protests often ended in arrests and destruction to property. President Trump may face similar resistance Tuesday in California.
President Trump will visit San Diego Tuesday to examine prototypes of the border wall. It is his first visit to the city since being elected. San Diego is the largest city on the U.S.-Mexico border to formally oppose his plans.
Numerous rallies are planned by groups both for-and-against Trump and his push to build a “big, beautiful wall” separating the two countries.
Protests are also being planned across the border in Tijuana, Mexico. Organizers on both sides were urging people to remain peaceful after recent scuffles at rallies in Southern California, including brawls at a Dec. 9 rally near where the prototypes stand.
California has become a focal point for clashes between state officials and federal authorities over the Trump administration’s immigration policies. The tension reached a fever pitch last month when Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf tipped off illegal immigrant residents on imminent ICE raids, enabling several to escape.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations