Trump to face protests in CA when visiting border wall today
During his campaign, candidate Trump faced massive protests in California over his hard stance on immigration. The protests often ended in arrests and destruction to property. President Trump may face similar resistance Tuesday in California.
President Trump will visit San Diego Tuesday to examine prototypes of the border wall. It is his first visit to the city since being elected. San Diego is the largest city on the U.S.-Mexico border to formally oppose his plans.
Numerous rallies are planned by groups both for-and-against Trump and his push to build a “big, beautiful wall” separating the two countries.
Protests are also being planned across the border in Tijuana, Mexico. Organizers on both sides were urging people to remain peaceful after recent scuffles at rallies in Southern California, including brawls at a Dec. 9 rally near where the prototypes stand.
California has become a focal point for clashes between state officials and federal authorities over the Trump administration’s immigration policies. The tension reached a fever pitch last month when Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf tipped off illegal immigrant residents on imminent ICE raids, enabling several to escape.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)