Trump holds press conference from Camp David (video)
While hosting a working weekend retreat at Camp David with many of his top Cabinet members, President Trump held a press conference Saturday and addressed a wide range of topics and concerns.
On DACA, Trump said, “We hope that we’re going to be able to work out an arrangement with the Democrats. I think it’s something that they’d like to see happen. It’s something, certainly, that I’d like to see happen.”
“We want the wall, the wall’s going to happen or we’re not going to have DACA. We want to get rid of chain migration, very important, and we want to get rid of the lottery system,” Trump said.
He called for additional funding for more border security, and promised again that Mexico will pay for the border wall “in some form.” It was reported Friday that Trump is asking Congress to provide $18 billion in funding for the first phase of the wall, along with additional improvements on the border.
“I believe Mexico will pay for the wall. I have a very good relationship with Mexico,” Trump said, adding, “But yes, in some form, Mexico will pay for the wall.”
The president said his administration is working to do everything they can to stop the flow of drugs pouring into the country.
When asked if he would be open to having a phone conversation with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un, Trump responded, “Sure I always believe in talking, absolutely I would do that, no problem with that at all.”
Trump added, “He knows I’m not messing around. I’m not messing around, not even a little bit, not even 1 percent. He understands that. At the same time if we can come up with a very peaceful and a very good solution…if something can happen and something can come out of those talks, that would be a great thing for all of humanity.”
President Trump also answered questions about Michael Wolff, the author of the bombshell new book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”
“I ran for president one time and won, and then I hear this guy that does not know me, does not know me at all. By the way, did not interview me for three hours in the White House, it didn’t exist, OK? It’s in his imagination,” Trump said.
He called Wolff a fraud and said he considers the book “a work of fiction.” Trump said Wolff was never in the Oval Office. “I did quick interview with him a long time ago about an article, but I don’t know this man.”
“I guess Sloppy Steve brought him into the White House quite a bit… that’s why Sloppy Steve is now looking for a job,” Trump said, referring to his former White House strategist, Steve Bannon.
WATCH THE ENTIRE BRIEFING BELOW:
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Parents Outraged Over Planned Parenthood’s Pornographic Sex Ed
- REPORT: Melania Trump Poses for pic with Clintons, Obamas and Bush family
- Former NFL star’s gun photo with daughter and date sparks outrage on Twitter (see it)
- REPORT: Bloomberg circumvents Trump, gives millions to fund deal that the president pulled out from
- VIDEO: Judge resigns after berating ill defendant who DIES three days later
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Rudy Giuliani in tweet
- REPORT: Evangelical meeting turns to Trump-bashing
- VIDEO: Woman fined $500 for free airline snack
- CLAIM: ‘Real Collusion’ was between McCabe and Obama Justice Department
- DML TV: Guest to Bill Maher: ‘You need to have respect’ for Trump supporters