Trump makes huge announcement on North Korea (video)
North Korea was taken off the United States’ list of state sponsors of terror in 2008, during nuclear negotiations with the George W. Bush administration. But the rogue nation is about to take back its place on the same list, thanks to President Donald Trump.
Trump announced on Monday that he will designate North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism. The move is designed to further isolate the country for its pursuit of nuclear weapons, he stated, noting that it will also impose further penalties on the country.
Trump called the move long-overdue, noting that the terror designation is being used as part of the United States’ “maximum pressure campaign” against the hermit nation.
“Today, the United States is designating North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism. Should have happened a long time ago. Should have happened years ago,” Trump said.
Trump’s announcement comes days after his return from a five-nation tour of Asia, which focused on putting a stop to North Korea’s menacing nuclear program. White House officials telegraphed the move before Trump’s departure.
According to U.S. officials, the murder of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s estranged half-brother in a Malaysian airport this year was an act of terrorism.
Other countries on the list of state sponsors of terrorism include Iran, Sudan, and Syria.
Watch his remarks in the videos below.
“One of the primary goals of our trip was to pursue the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula… Today, U.S. is designating North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism,” @POTUS announces https://t.co/nZajgT0wPi pic.twitter.com/ivMEiL1nQA
— CBS News (@CBSNews) November 20, 2017
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny