Trump meets with middle class families and business owners (video)
Monday President Trump met with four middle class families in the Oval Office to discuss the pending tax reform plan.
Trump told reporters these families have all had struggles with their taxes being too high and healthcare premiums are too high.
The families came with their small children, who all sat quietly, mesmerized by the awe of being in the president’s office. President Trump turned to one small child sitting next to him, on his father’s knee, and remarked that he might be president some day.
He then asked the families if they had anything to share.
“Those funds, we can re-invest into our people and into our company, which will enable our mission to continue to hire veterans and manufacture in America,” one guest told Trump, explaining that he is a military veteran and a business owner.
Another guest explained that he is a former Green Beret with more than 22 years in military service, and a small business owner, and encouraged President Trump to put energy back into the consumer. He said entrepreneurs are the ones who built the country, and “everything you do to make taxes easier for us strengthens America.”
One by one, President Trump went around the room and listened to the individual families and their input.
Watch the discussion in the video below.
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995