Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)
President Donald J. Trump was in rare form as he faced the press during a joint press conference with Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg on Wednesday. Held in the White House East Room, Trump used the event to bash the Paris Climate agreement, Democrats and the investigation into Russian interference.
Trump said Norway is a vital and valued ally, and praised Norway’s trade relationship with the U.S. Solberg echoed Trump’s praise for the relationship between the two nations.
Later, Solberg was asked what she thought of the Russia probe, and whether it’s an embarrassment to America, to which she replied, “I think that it’s up to every political system and country to scrutinize and discuss their own political agenda in their countries, and I respect that very much, and that this is an issue for American politics.”
Seizing the moment, President Trump replied as well, saying, “I will say this: There is collusion, but it is really with the Democrats and the Russians far more than it is with the Republicans and Russians. So, the witch hunt continues.”
The president was asked if he was willing to accept a deal on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program which did not include funding for a border wall.
“No. No,” Trump said. “It’s got to include the wall. We need the wall for security. We need the wall for safety. We need the wall for stopping the drugs from pouring in. I would imagine that the people in the room — both Democrat and Republican — I really believe they’re going to come up with a solution which has been going on for a long time.”
When asked if he would sit for an interview with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team regarding allegations of Russian collusion,said, “We’ll see what happens.”
“When they have no collusion, and nobody’s found any collusion, at any level, it seems unlikely that you’d even have an interview,” he clarified.
He also commented on the Paris Climate agreement, saying, “It treated the United States very unfairly.”
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts