Trump plays clip of violent video games during meeting with gaming execs (video)
President Trump met with executives of the video gaming industry at the White House on Thursday, continuing his discussions about steps that can be taken to address the growing trend of violence occurring in the nation’s schools, and the large number of school shootings.
The one-hour meeting was closed to the press, but the Washington Examiner reported that attendees said the president started the meeting by playing a video containing graphic clips from some of the violent games young people are playing.
Dave Grossman, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel and author who also attended, said Trump then turned to representatives of the video game industry.
“President Trump said, ‘Did everyone see that clearly?'” Grossman recalled.
“He played a video of a bunch of horrendously violent slashing games and then he turned to the industry representatives and said, ‘What are you going to say about this?'” Grossman said.
Breitbart reported: Present at the meeting was Melissa Henson of the Parents Television Council, Dave Grossman, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who has long argued that video games cause violence in teens, Mike Gallagher, the CEO of the video game trade association Entertainment Software Association (ESA), video game developer ZeniMax Media CEO Robert Altman, Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick, Pat Vance, the President of the Entertainment Software Rating Board, Brent Bozell of the conservative Media Research Center, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo., and Rep. Martha Roby, R-Ala.
Below is the video that President Trump played at the meeting, which was uploaded to the White House YouTube channel.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)