Trump signs order promoting work requirements for welfare programs
On Tuesday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order promoting work requirements for people who use government benefit programs such as Medicaid, food stamps, and housing aid.
Andrew Bremberg, the White House director of the Domestic Policy Council, said reform of the welfare system “is necessary to prosperity and independence.”
The Washington Examiner reports: The order would encourage agencies to strengthen work requirements for people who are able to work. As with previous broad orders signed by Trump, it calls for agencies to review all work requirements and report back, setting up possible changes in regulations.
Bremberg said that the order is meant to ensure that people in need continue to receive assistance while eliminating the “stagnation” created by government dependency.
Despite low unemployment rates, “our country still struggles from nearly record high welfare enrollments,” he noted.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- BREAKING: President Trump announces nominee to replace Rod Rosenstein as Deputy AG
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)