Trump Tweet: Attorney-client privilege
President Donald Trump tweeted about attorney-client privilege on Sunday, saying the confidentiality understanding is “now a thing of the past.”
Trump said his other lawyers are now probably wondering when they will be raided, after Trump’s longtime attorney and friend, Andy Cohen had his “residence, hotel room, office, safety deposit box, and electronic devices” raided by the FBI on April 9.
Trump wrote: Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
The raid on Cohen, which was approved by a federal magistrate judge, was the result of a criminal investigation into his conduct in his personal business dealings as part an “ongoing grand jury investigation.”
Special council Robert Mueller referred the investigation into Cohen, however, U.S. Attorney Robert S. Khuzami of the Southern District of New York is proceeding with the investigation “independent” of Mueller’s team.
Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 15, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump