Trump Tweet: Attorney-client privilege
President Donald Trump tweeted about attorney-client privilege on Sunday, saying the confidentiality understanding is “now a thing of the past.”
Trump said his other lawyers are now probably wondering when they will be raided, after Trump’s longtime attorney and friend, Andy Cohen had his “residence, hotel room, office, safety deposit box, and electronic devices” raided by the FBI on April 9.
Trump wrote: Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
The raid on Cohen, which was approved by a federal magistrate judge, was the result of a criminal investigation into his conduct in his personal business dealings as part an “ongoing grand jury investigation.”
Special council Robert Mueller referred the investigation into Cohen, however, U.S. Attorney Robert S. Khuzami of the Southern District of New York is proceeding with the investigation “independent” of Mueller’s team.
Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 15, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s husband speaks out
- BREAKING: Grassley sets new conditions for Kavanaugh accuser (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh accuser makes announcement about testifying before Congress
- BREAKING: House Judiciary makes announcement about ‘McCabe Memos’
- BREAKING: Spokesman for GOP on Kavanaugh nomination resigns after his own past comes to light
- VIDEO: Trump makes vow about ‘lingering stench’ at DOJ, FBI
- REPORT: Dozens of deaths in military parade attack
- POLL: Do you agree with Grassley extending Kavanaugh accuser’s deadline
- REPORT: Fans complain about Michelle Obama book tour tickets
- BREAKING: Attorneys for Kavanaugh accuser make another request in negotiations over testimony