Trump Tweet: Attorney-client privilege
President Donald Trump tweeted about attorney-client privilege on Sunday, saying the confidentiality understanding is “now a thing of the past.”
Trump said his other lawyers are now probably wondering when they will be raided, after Trump’s longtime attorney and friend, Andy Cohen had his “residence, hotel room, office, safety deposit box, and electronic devices” raided by the FBI on April 9.
Trump wrote: Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
The raid on Cohen, which was approved by a federal magistrate judge, was the result of a criminal investigation into his conduct in his personal business dealings as part an “ongoing grand jury investigation.”
Special council Robert Mueller referred the investigation into Cohen, however, U.S. Attorney Robert S. Khuzami of the Southern District of New York is proceeding with the investigation “independent” of Mueller’s team.
Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 15, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband goes after Trump on potential re-election
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office