Trump Tweet: Attorney-client privilege
President Donald Trump tweeted about attorney-client privilege on Sunday, saying the confidentiality understanding is “now a thing of the past.”
Trump said his other lawyers are now probably wondering when they will be raided, after Trump’s longtime attorney and friend, Andy Cohen had his “residence, hotel room, office, safety deposit box, and electronic devices” raided by the FBI on April 9.
Trump wrote: Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
The raid on Cohen, which was approved by a federal magistrate judge, was the result of a criminal investigation into his conduct in his personal business dealings as part an “ongoing grand jury investigation.”
Special council Robert Mueller referred the investigation into Cohen, however, U.S. Attorney Robert S. Khuzami of the Southern District of New York is proceeding with the investigation “independent” of Mueller’s team.
Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past. I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. All lawyers are deflated and concerned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 15, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: 1 injured in shooting at Florida high school, authorities say
- TRUMP TWEET: Michael Flynn destroyed
- REPORT: Trump makes decision about attending Barbara Bush funeral
- BREAKING: DNC files multimillion dollar lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks
- REPORT: Court battle launched over anti-sanctuary law in California city
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump New Yorkers protest against Comey at book signing
- REPORT: Water scooter gunmen shoot up beach in Cancun’s tourist zone
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels to Donate NDA Money to Highly Controversial Organization
- UPDATE: Sheriffs killed at Florida restaurant identified
- DML TV: John Stamos claims MARCH FOR OUR LIVES changed the world