Trump Tweet: Calls out Germany for pipeline deal with Russia at NATO meeting (video)
President Trump tweeted out a video of a conversation he had at a breakfast meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in Brussels, Belgium Wednesday morning.
The president asked hard-hitting questions about why the United States is paying to protect Germany from Russia – when Germany has made a massive oil and gas deal with Russia, paying billions of dollars into the coffers of Russia.
To top it off, the former chancellor of Germany is the head of the pipeline company that’s supplying the gas, Trump pointed out.
It should have never been allowed to happen, Trump said, adding that Germany is totally controlled by Russia, as they will be getting 60% to 70% of their energy from Russia, and a new pipeline.
He also pointed out that Germany is just paying a little over 1 percent to NATO, while the U.S. is paying 4.2 percent. The whole thing isn’t fair to the United States, and it’s inappropriate, Trump stated in the meeting.
Watch the 2-minute video below, as President Trump calls them out on the deal:
Bilateral Breakfast with NATO Secretary General in Brussels, Belgium… pic.twitter.com/l0EP3lzhCM
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 11, 2018
Fox News further reported:
The president appeared to be referring to the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that would double the amount of gas Russia can send directly to Germany, skirting transit countries such as Ukraine. The project is opposed by the U.S. and some European Union members.
Trump said of Germany: “We’re supposed to protect you against Russia and yet you make this deal with Russia.”
“Explain that,” Trump said. “It can’t be explained.”
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- VIDEO: Convicted child abuser goes berserk, attacks prosecutors in courtroom at sentencing
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- BREAKING: Republican-led Senate breaks with Trump on Saudi vote
- BREAKING: Kansas state Republican switches party affiliation to Democrat
- BREAKING: House passes $867 billion farm bill, giving Trump major win
- REPORT: Incoming NY Attorney General claims she’ll do everything in her power to investigate Trump, and his family