Trump Tweet: Calls out Germany for pipeline deal with Russia at NATO meeting (video)
President Trump tweeted out a video of a conversation he had at a breakfast meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in Brussels, Belgium Wednesday morning.
The president asked hard-hitting questions about why the United States is paying to protect Germany from Russia – when Germany has made a massive oil and gas deal with Russia, paying billions of dollars into the coffers of Russia.
To top it off, the former chancellor of Germany is the head of the pipeline company that’s supplying the gas, Trump pointed out.
It should have never been allowed to happen, Trump said, adding that Germany is totally controlled by Russia, as they will be getting 60% to 70% of their energy from Russia, and a new pipeline.
He also pointed out that Germany is just paying a little over 1 percent to NATO, while the U.S. is paying 4.2 percent. The whole thing isn’t fair to the United States, and it’s inappropriate, Trump stated in the meeting.
Watch the 2-minute video below, as President Trump calls them out on the deal:
Bilateral Breakfast with NATO Secretary General in Brussels, Belgium… pic.twitter.com/l0EP3lzhCM
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 11, 2018
Fox News further reported:
The president appeared to be referring to the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that would double the amount of gas Russia can send directly to Germany, skirting transit countries such as Ukraine. The project is opposed by the U.S. and some European Union members.
Trump said of Germany: “We’re supposed to protect you against Russia and yet you make this deal with Russia.”
“Explain that,” Trump said. “It can’t be explained.”
Trending on DML News
- Trump Tweet: Video of Hillary Clinton: ‘This is classic!’
- REPORT: Injured, starving teen found living in barn was ‘within a week of death’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks Sanders’ resolution, calls it ‘crazy hatred’ against Trump
- BREAKING: Mueller offered Podesta immunity to testify against Manafort, claims Fox News host
- REPORT: Woman robs, murders mom, grandmother and goes on spending spree
- FOOD WARNING: Popular sweet treat recalled amid salmonella scare
- VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
- BREAKING: NFL team to discipline players who protest during national anthem
- REPORT: Video emerges of Melania Trump looking horrified after shaking Putin’s hand
- REPORT: Maxine Waters warns supporters of possible ‘armed protests’ against her