Trump Tweet: Why he cares about Chinese phone company
After receiving criticism for his plan to help save jobs at a Chinese telephone company, President Donald J. Trump tweeted a defense for his position on Monday.
On Sunday, Trump posted a message that said he is working with China to save jobs at ZTE, one of China’s leading technology companies. The U.S. government has barred American firms from doing business with ZTE, leading the telecom company to end “major operating activities.”
The tweet led to questions as some wondered why he was so interested in saving jobs in China.
On Monday, Trump tweeted an explanation, writing: ZTE, the large Chinese phone company, buys a big percentage of individual parts from U.S. companies. This is also reflective of the larger trade deal we are negotiating with China and my personal relationship with President Xi.
ZTE, the large Chinese phone company, buys a big percentage of individual parts from U.S. companies. This is also reflective of the larger trade deal we are negotiating with China and my personal relationship with President Xi.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 14, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TWITTER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’