Trump Tweet: Denies using language the media reported
President Trump sent out a statement on Twitter Friday morning, denying that he used the specific language that was reported, in the Oval Office meeting with about a dozen senators Thursday afternoon.
A group of six left-leaning senators had brought Trump a proposal for DACA and immigration reform that did not meet his requirements. Several other conservative lawmakers were reportedly in the room as witnesses as well. An unknown source from the meeting alerted the media to Trump’s explosive response, claiming he made derogatory remarks about immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and Africa.
“Why are we having all these people from s**thole countries come here?” Trump reportedly stated, then added, “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.”
In his Twitter post Friday morning, Trump indicated he had been misquoted, and made the following statement:
“Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!”
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2018
In an interview with Fox News Friday morning, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee noted that since there were so many witnesses in the room, one of them should come forward if the media had truly misquoted the president.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- REPORT: Saudi Arabia makes HUGE deposit into American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms
- POLL: Do you think the caravan heading to the US from Honduras will be allowed into the US