Trump Tweet: Denies using language the media reported
President Trump sent out a statement on Twitter Friday morning, denying that he used the specific language that was reported, in the Oval Office meeting with about a dozen senators Thursday afternoon.
A group of six left-leaning senators had brought Trump a proposal for DACA and immigration reform that did not meet his requirements. Several other conservative lawmakers were reportedly in the room as witnesses as well. An unknown source from the meeting alerted the media to Trump’s explosive response, claiming he made derogatory remarks about immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and Africa.
“Why are we having all these people from s**thole countries come here?” Trump reportedly stated, then added, “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.”
In his Twitter post Friday morning, Trump indicated he had been misquoted, and made the following statement:
“Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!”
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2018
In an interview with Fox News Friday morning, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee noted that since there were so many witnesses in the room, one of them should come forward if the media had truly misquoted the president.
Trending on DML News
- GONE VIRAL: Mom of killed Navy SEAL hero rips Democrat for Purple Heart for Strzok comment
- Gowdy: Rosenstein should not be impeached, public hearings a joke
- REPORT: James Woods threatened by Stormi Daniels’ lawyer
- REPORT: California Dems stun Sen Feinstein
- POLL: Who is the most dangerous Democrat in 2020?
- REPORT: Gowdy says Mueller probe is not a witch hunt
- CLAIM: Princes Charles and William refused to meet Trump
- REPORT: White House explains why interview with CNN was cancelled
- ANSWER to who had more fake Twitter accounts, Obama, Clinton or Trump
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton Attacks Trump With Vengeance In Address To Teachers Convention