TRUMP TWEET: Lambasts NY governor over newly filed subpoenas regarding Trump Organization
Monday evening the New York attorney general’s office issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Investors Bank for records relating to the financing of four major Trump Organization hotel projects, and Trump’s past attempt to purchase the Buffalo Bills football team.
According to a report in the New York Times: “The new inquiry, by the office of the attorney general, Letitia James, was prompted by the congressional testimony last month of Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s former lawyer and fixer, the person briefed on the subpoenas said. Mr. Cohen testified under oath that Mr. Trump had inflated his assets in financial statements, and Mr. Cohen provided copies of statements he said had been submitted to Deutsche Bank.”
President Trump slammed the move in a Twitter post Tuesday afternoon, writing:
“New York State and its Governor, Andrew Cuomo, are now proud members of the group of PRESIDENTIAL HARASSERS. No wonder people are fleeing the State in record numbers. The Witch Hunt continues!”
New York State and its Governor, Andrew Cuomo, are now proud members of the group of PRESIDENTIAL HARASSERS. No wonder people are fleeing the State in record numbers. The Witch Hunt continues!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 12, 2019
Governor Cuomo had also posted a statement on Twitter on Monday, slamming the president for not providing funding for his Gateway tunnel.
The Trump Administration is claiming that funding the Gateway project is the sole responsibility of local officials — even though Amtrak owns the tunnel.
They must stop playing political games and can’t hold this funding hostage. Inaction will be catastrophic. pic.twitter.com/rdjh061CPy
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 11, 2019
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)