TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Jim Acosta’s border video with just two words
As President Trump was meeting with Border Patrol officials and visiting the U.S.-Mexico border near McAllen, Texas on Thursday, CNN’s Jim Acosta posted a video of himself inspecting a tall, steel border fence, and unwittingly made the case for Trump’s border wall.
Acosta declared that the area was perfectly safe and tranquil, and told CNN viewers that the president was just there for a “photo op.” He was mocked on Twitter, as scores of people pointed out that he had actually proven that “walls work.”
Thursday evening, while returning back to Washington, D.C., President Trump weighed in with his own response to Acosta. The president shared Acosta’s video, as he demonstrates where the tall steel fence ends, and a simple chain-link fence begins.
“Dear Diary…” President Trump tweeted.
Dear Diary… https://t.co/NAuMaQW6fl
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2019
Along with the video, Acosta wrote, “The steel slats don’t run the entire length of the border in the McAllen area. We found one part where there is a chain link fence. Occasionally migrants come thru but residents say their community is quite safe.”
“Here are some of the steel slats that the president’s been talking about,” Acosta said in a separate video, adding, “But as we’re walking along here, we’re not seeing any kind of imminent danger. There are no migrants trying to rush toward this fence here in the McAllen, Texas area.”
I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today. pic.twitter.com/KRoLdszLUu
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) January 10, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly