TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Senate rebuke with one word
In a 59-41 vote on Thursday, the Senate passed a resolution blocking President Trump’s National Emergency Declaration, which he had sought to use as a means of gaining additional funding to build a border wall.
In a now-divided GOP, 12 Republicans went against Trump to vote with all the Democrats.
President Trump had warned that he would veto the measure if they passed it. Sure enough, within the hour after the vote was announced, the president blasted out his shortest Twitter post ever, with just one word: VETO!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 14, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez lashes out against Trump and his supporters in Twitter rant
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide