TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Senate rebuke with one word
In a 59-41 vote on Thursday, the Senate passed a resolution blocking President Trump’s National Emergency Declaration, which he had sought to use as a means of gaining additional funding to build a border wall.
In a now-divided GOP, 12 Republicans went against Trump to vote with all the Democrats.
President Trump had warned that he would veto the measure if they passed it. Sure enough, within the hour after the vote was announced, the president blasted out his shortest Twitter post ever, with just one word: VETO!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 14, 2019
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Ilhan Omar, Somali refugee elected to Congress, embodies ‘failed immigration system’
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a great way to display your patriotism
- BREAKING: Republican Congressman posts ‘Twitterstorm’ calling for Trump’s impeachment
- VIDEO: ‘American Idol’ judge flooded with complaints about ‘horrible decision’ on show
- BREAKING: Leaked records reveal shocking allegations against Tony Robbins
- BREAKING: Huge group of 325 Central Americans apprehended at border in Arizona (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Joe Biden’s affectionate, physical style with women comes under scrutiny
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- POLL: Do you support ICE’s decision to drop off migrants in U.S. counties?
- UPDATE: Trump Plan Mandates E-Verify, Protecting U.S. Jobs for Americans