TRUMP TWEET: SLAMS John Kerry over Iran revelations
After former Secretary of State and defeated presidential candidate John Kerry admitted that he’d met with top Iranian officials regarding a now-scrapped nuclear deal with the U.S., President Donald J. Trump slammed him on Twitter.
According to Kerry, he met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif “three or four times.” Kerry told radio host Hugh Hewitt, “What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better.”
“What do you do to try to get peace in Syria?” Kerry continued. “I mean, those are the things that really are preoccupying, because those are the impediments to people, to Iran’s ability to convince people that it’s ready to embrace something different.”
In a Wednesday appearance on Fox News’ “The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino,” Kerry didn’t deny suggesting the Iranians simply wait out Trump’s presidency.
“I think everybody in the world is talking about waiting out President Trump,” Kerry said.
Trump responded in a Thursday tweet, writing: John Kerry had illegal meetings with the very hostile Iranian Regime, which can only serve to undercut our great work to the detriment of the American people. He told them to wait out the Trump Administration! Was he registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act? BAD!
Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary for George W. Bush, responded to Kerry’s admission Wednesday, telling Fox News’ “Special Report,”I don’t know if it’s legal or illegal, I don’t care about that side of it. It’s wrong.”
“This is the question: What was John Kerry doing?” Fleischer asked. “What was he saying, what were the specifics? I don’t think it was general, I think he was giving Iran advice about how to wait out President Trump.”
Fox News reports, “It has been suggested before that Kerry’s meetings with high-profile foreign leaders could violate the Logan Act — which prohibits private citizens from negotiating on behalf of the U.S. government without authorization. No one has ever been successfully prosecuted under the law, however.”
John Kerry had illegal meetings with the very hostile Iranian Regime, which can only serve to undercut our great work to the detriment of the American people. He told them to wait out the Trump Administration! Was he registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act? BAD!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 14, 2018
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes