TRUMP TWEET: SLAMS John Kerry over Iran revelations
After former Secretary of State and defeated presidential candidate John Kerry admitted that he’d met with top Iranian officials regarding a now-scrapped nuclear deal with the U.S., President Donald J. Trump slammed him on Twitter.
According to Kerry, he met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif “three or four times.” Kerry told radio host Hugh Hewitt, “What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better.”
“What do you do to try to get peace in Syria?” Kerry continued. “I mean, those are the things that really are preoccupying, because those are the impediments to people, to Iran’s ability to convince people that it’s ready to embrace something different.”
In a Wednesday appearance on Fox News’ “The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino,” Kerry didn’t deny suggesting the Iranians simply wait out Trump’s presidency.
“I think everybody in the world is talking about waiting out President Trump,” Kerry said.
Trump responded in a Thursday tweet, writing: John Kerry had illegal meetings with the very hostile Iranian Regime, which can only serve to undercut our great work to the detriment of the American people. He told them to wait out the Trump Administration! Was he registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act? BAD!
Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary for George W. Bush, responded to Kerry’s admission Wednesday, telling Fox News’ “Special Report,”I don’t know if it’s legal or illegal, I don’t care about that side of it. It’s wrong.”
“This is the question: What was John Kerry doing?” Fleischer asked. “What was he saying, what were the specifics? I don’t think it was general, I think he was giving Iran advice about how to wait out President Trump.”
Fox News reports, “It has been suggested before that Kerry’s meetings with high-profile foreign leaders could violate the Logan Act — which prohibits private citizens from negotiating on behalf of the U.S. government without authorization. No one has ever been successfully prosecuted under the law, however.”
John Kerry had illegal meetings with the very hostile Iranian Regime, which can only serve to undercut our great work to the detriment of the American people. He told them to wait out the Trump Administration! Was he registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act? BAD!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 14, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter