Trump Tweet: Slaps media over coverage of proposed N. Korea meeting
Thursday evening when the press heard that South Korean officials visiting the White House would be making a big announcement that evening, the media all anxiously waited for announcement and blasted it out when it finally came – that North Korea’s dictator was requesting a meeting with President Trump, willing to cease testing of ballistic missiles and committed to denuclearization.
However, after President Trump accepted the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un, the mainstream media was aghast.
The mockery from the media was not lost on the president, who shot out the following statement on Twitter Saturday afternoon:
In the first hours after hearing that North Korea’s leader wanted to meet with me to talk denuclearization and that missile launches will end, the press was startled & amazed. They couldn’t believe it. But by the following morning the news became FAKE. They said so what, who cares!
Indeed, the following morning, many in the liberal media were calling the invite “fake” and twisting it into a host of scenarios… including MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” hosts, who literally claimed that President Trump had just accepted Kim Jong Un’s invitation to distract everyone from the “major headlines” about Stormy Daniels, an adult film star.
MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow also went on a rant the next morning, claiming that the very fact no other U.S. president had ever gone to meet with a leader from North Korea proved that it was risky and unwise.
In the first hours after hearing that North Korea’s leader wanted to meet with me to talk denuclearization and that missile launches will end, the press was startled & amazed.They couldn’t believe it. But by the following morning the news became FAKE.They said so what, who cares!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 10, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)