Trump Tweet: Standing for Israel (video)
President Trump made a historic announcement Wednesday, declaring that the United States will now officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and the U.S. Embassy will be moved to Jerusalem.
It was a move that many other U.S. presidents before him had promised to do, but instead, kept signing the waiver every six months to delay the step, out of fear it would disrupt the peace in the Middle East.
As President Trump noted, he kept his promise. (Scroll down to see his tweet and video).
“I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem,” the president tweeted, as he shared a video montage of clips from his speech Wednesday.
I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem… pic.twitter.com/YwgWmT0O8m
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2017
On his Facebook page, President Trump posted a “flashback video” from a March 21, 2016 speech during his presidential campaign, when he promised to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl