Trump Tweet: Standing for Israel (video)
President Trump made a historic announcement Wednesday, declaring that the United States will now officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and the U.S. Embassy will be moved to Jerusalem.
It was a move that many other U.S. presidents before him had promised to do, but instead, kept signing the waiver every six months to delay the step, out of fear it would disrupt the peace in the Middle East.
As President Trump noted, he kept his promise. (Scroll down to see his tweet and video).
“I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem,” the president tweeted, as he shared a video montage of clips from his speech Wednesday.
I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem… pic.twitter.com/YwgWmT0O8m
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2017
On his Facebook page, President Trump posted a “flashback video” from a March 21, 2016 speech during his presidential campaign, when he promised to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995