Trump Tweet: Standing for Israel (video)
President Trump made a historic announcement Wednesday, declaring that the United States will now officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and the U.S. Embassy will be moved to Jerusalem.
It was a move that many other U.S. presidents before him had promised to do, but instead, kept signing the waiver every six months to delay the step, out of fear it would disrupt the peace in the Middle East.
As President Trump noted, he kept his promise. (Scroll down to see his tweet and video).
“I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem,” the president tweeted, as he shared a video montage of clips from his speech Wednesday.
I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem… pic.twitter.com/YwgWmT0O8m
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2017
On his Facebook page, President Trump posted a “flashback video” from a March 21, 2016 speech during his presidential campaign, when he promised to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)