Trump Tweet: On ‘WINNING!’
An opinion article in the Washington Examiner caught President Donald J. Trump’s attention. On Tuesday, he tweeted a “thank you” to its author, Steve Cortes, who is also a political commentator for CNN.
Including a link to the article, titled, “Trump’s winning streak rivals one of the greatest streaks in sports,” Trump wrote: Thank you to the Washington Examiner and @CortesSteve on the great article – on WINNING!
In the piece, Cortes writes:
John Wooden, perhaps the best basketball coach of all-time, once led his UCLA Bruins to 88 straight wins over three seasons in the early 1970s, still an NCAA men’s record. That streak, plus 10 national championships, earned him the nickname: the “Wizard of Westwood.”
If President Donald Trump has more win streaks like his present one, he might well become known as the “Wizard of Washington.” From the economy to important victories across the vast Asian continent, America is winning under Trump’s leadership.
Among the “wins” listed in the piece are:
- Incredible jobs report for May, with the unemployment rate at 3.9 percent and almost 1 million new workers re-entering the labor market.
- 2 million Americans off food stamps.
- The quality of the jobs improving.
- Wages accelerating.
- Hispanic unemployment below 5 percent, which has only ever happened for seven months total in history, with six of those seven months occurring in the past year.
- Strong action against the Iran nuclear deal.
- Keeping the promise to move our embassy to Jerusalem.
- Setting the date and location for a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
- Welcoming home three American hostages.
Cortes ends the piece by saying, “While the Quixotic mainstream media tilts at Russian and porn-star windmills, President Trump makes America more prosperous and more safe.”
You may read the entire article HERE.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 15, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- UPDATE: Evicted 30-year-old who ‘failed to launch’ gets job offer (Video)
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory