TRUMP TWEETS: Releases blistering statement after John Kelly speaks out
President Trump fired back at his former Chief of Staff John Kelly in a set of blistering Twitter posts Thursday morning, after the news broke that Kelly had spoken out against him in a speech at a university in New Jersey Wednesday night.
The Atlantic first broke the news, reporting that that Kelly slammed the president for firing impeachment trial witness Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman. Kelly declared that Trump had committed an “illegal order” by asking the president of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens, and said Vindman was right to report it.
Kelly also dismissed Trump’s concerns about illegal immigration, said most immigrants were good people just looking for jobs, and admitted he was “fascinated” watching the 2016 presidential campaign race between Trump and Hillary Clinton.
President Trump lambasted Kelly, firing off the following statement on Twitter Thursday morning:
When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head. Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut, which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do.
His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that “John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.” Wrong!
….which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do. His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that “John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.” Wrong!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 13, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) February 13, 2020
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]