Trump Tweets: Republicans’ findings on collusion
President Donald Trump tweeted Monday about House Republicans’ conclusions regarding their investigation into collusion with Russia.
The House Intelligence Committee has concluded its interviews of witnesses relating to the probe of potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential campaign season.
House Intelligence Committee Republicans said on Monday that they have found no evidence of collusion between Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia to sway the election.
Trump wrote: THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
Representative K. Michael Conaway of Texas was leading the investigation. Of the investigation, he said: “The bottom line: The Russians did commit active measures against our election in ’16, and we think they will do that in the future.”
Conaway added, “We disagree with the narrative that they were trying to help Trump.”
In addition to the House Intel Committee’s probe, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence is also searching for Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, and special counsel Robert Mueller still has an ongoing investigation.
THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 13, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)