Trump’s full statement on ouster of Tillerson (video)
Shortly after President Trump sent out a bombshell Twitter post Tuesday morning, announcing that he was replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with the current CIA Director Mike Pompeo, he spoke with reporters outside for almost six minutes explaining his decision.
Trump was preparing to depart for California to view the border wall prototypes.
The president said he and Pompeo are always on the same wave length, think alike, and work together better but also had high praise for Tillerson.
“Tremendous energy, tremendous intellect,” Trump said of Pompeo. “We are always on the same wavelength. The relationship is very, very good, and that’s what I need as secretary of State.”
“As far as Rex Tillerson is concerned, I very much appreciate his commitment and his service and I wish him well,” Trump told reporter. “He’s a good man.”
“I made that decision by myself. Rex wasn’t, as you know, in this country,” Trump said.
Watch his complete statement below:
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58