Trump’s full statement on ouster of Tillerson (video)
Shortly after President Trump sent out a bombshell Twitter post Tuesday morning, announcing that he was replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with the current CIA Director Mike Pompeo, he spoke with reporters outside for almost six minutes explaining his decision.
Trump was preparing to depart for California to view the border wall prototypes.
The president said he and Pompeo are always on the same wave length, think alike, and work together better but also had high praise for Tillerson.
“Tremendous energy, tremendous intellect,” Trump said of Pompeo. “We are always on the same wavelength. The relationship is very, very good, and that’s what I need as secretary of State.”
“As far as Rex Tillerson is concerned, I very much appreciate his commitment and his service and I wish him well,” Trump told reporter. “He’s a good man.”
“I made that decision by myself. Rex wasn’t, as you know, in this country,” Trump said.
Watch his complete statement below:
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations