Twitter responds after undercover video suggests bias against Trump (video)
Twitter has issued a response to an undercover video released Tuesday in which an alleged senior network security engineer said that the company turns over direct messages and deleted tweets from President Donald Trump to the Department of Justice.
“We deplore the deceptive and underhanded tactics by which this footage was obtained and selectively edited to fit a pre-determined narrative,” a Twitter spokesperson told the International Business Times.
“Twitter is committed to enforcing our rules without bias and empowering every voice on our platform, in accordance with the Twitter Rules,” said a statement from the company.
The video was released by Project Veritas, a conservative group founded by James O’Keefe that has been accused of selectively editing videos and performing undercover operations.
In the video released Tuesday, Clay Haynes, who is described as a senior network security engineer for Twitter, can be heard telling a woman, “We’re more than happy to help the Department of Justice in their little investigation.”
Twitter contended that Haynes does not represent or speak for the company.
“The individual depicted in this video was speaking in a personal capacity and does not represent or speak for Twitter,” the company said in a statement.
“Twitter only responds to valid legal requests, and does not share any user information with law enforcement without such a request.”
If Haynes’ claims are true, it remains unknown whether Twitter is voluntarily providing the information to the DOJ, or acting under a court order.
Twitter is currently working to defend itself from criticism from liberals for not removing Trump from its platform for violations of their terms of service.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)