Twitter responds after undercover video suggests bias against Trump (video)
Twitter has issued a response to an undercover video released Tuesday in which an alleged senior network security engineer said that the company turns over direct messages and deleted tweets from President Donald Trump to the Department of Justice.
“We deplore the deceptive and underhanded tactics by which this footage was obtained and selectively edited to fit a pre-determined narrative,” a Twitter spokesperson told the International Business Times.
“Twitter is committed to enforcing our rules without bias and empowering every voice on our platform, in accordance with the Twitter Rules,” said a statement from the company.
The video was released by Project Veritas, a conservative group founded by James O’Keefe that has been accused of selectively editing videos and performing undercover operations.
In the video released Tuesday, Clay Haynes, who is described as a senior network security engineer for Twitter, can be heard telling a woman, “We’re more than happy to help the Department of Justice in their little investigation.”
Twitter contended that Haynes does not represent or speak for the company.
“The individual depicted in this video was speaking in a personal capacity and does not represent or speak for Twitter,” the company said in a statement.
“Twitter only responds to valid legal requests, and does not share any user information with law enforcement without such a request.”
If Haynes’ claims are true, it remains unknown whether Twitter is voluntarily providing the information to the DOJ, or acting under a court order.
Twitter is currently working to defend itself from criticism from liberals for not removing Trump from its platform for violations of their terms of service.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations