Twitter responds after undercover video suggests bias against Trump (video)
Twitter has issued a response to an undercover video released Tuesday in which an alleged senior network security engineer said that the company turns over direct messages and deleted tweets from President Donald Trump to the Department of Justice.
“We deplore the deceptive and underhanded tactics by which this footage was obtained and selectively edited to fit a pre-determined narrative,” a Twitter spokesperson told the International Business Times.
“Twitter is committed to enforcing our rules without bias and empowering every voice on our platform, in accordance with the Twitter Rules,” said a statement from the company.
The video was released by Project Veritas, a conservative group founded by James O’Keefe that has been accused of selectively editing videos and performing undercover operations.
In the video released Tuesday, Clay Haynes, who is described as a senior network security engineer for Twitter, can be heard telling a woman, “We’re more than happy to help the Department of Justice in their little investigation.”
Twitter contended that Haynes does not represent or speak for the company.
“The individual depicted in this video was speaking in a personal capacity and does not represent or speak for Twitter,” the company said in a statement.
“Twitter only responds to valid legal requests, and does not share any user information with law enforcement without such a request.”
If Haynes’ claims are true, it remains unknown whether Twitter is voluntarily providing the information to the DOJ, or acting under a court order.
Twitter is currently working to defend itself from criticism from liberals for not removing Trump from its platform for violations of their terms of service.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Rasmussen poll reveals who voters blame for border crisis
- REPORT: ABC Greenlights ‘Roseanne’ Spin-Off
- REPORT: Liberal actress offers to foster migrant children brought to New York
- Melania Trump tweets photos of visit to migrant children camp
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda