UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
FREDERICK, Colo. (AP) — The bodies of two young girls were submerged in crude oil for four days before authorities discovered them on Thursday, according to court documents filed Friday by an attorney defending the girls’ father against accusations that he killed his children and wife.
The motion filed Friday by Christopher Watts’ attorney, James Merson, also asked that DNA swabs be taken from the girls’ necks. The request quotes an expert who believes the oil would not eliminate DNA and said samples can be obtained “after strangulation.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Authorities separately announced that the Weld County Coroner’s Office had performed autopsies on Friday and confirmed the bodies as 34-year-old Shanann, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste Watts.
Police did not release any information about how the mother and daughters died. More testing is planned to help determine the cause of their deaths.
Richard Eikelenboom, the expert cited by Watts’ attorney, also recommended taking DNA samples from the girls’ hands and the hands and nails of their mother. Eikelenboom has testified in several high-profile criminal trials, often on so-called “touch DNA” when small samples of genetic material are left on a surface.
A motion filed by Watts’ public defender suggests that the remains of the two children were in an oil well filled with crude oil for four days. The motion seeks DNA testing. via @NBCNightlyNews https://t.co/2mFax7ltmx
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 18, 2018
A lawyer for a Colorado man suspected in the deaths of his pregnant wife and two young daughters says the daughters’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for four days before they were found. https://t.co/LU5JcLCXbt
— WDTN (@WDTN) August 18, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Crowd Boos Julian Castro For Refusing To Hold Baby
- DML LIVE: Shocking report from ICE (Mon – July 15)
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez Responds To Washington ICE Attack
- VIDEO: Mom Catches Kid Falling Off Balcony In Heart-Stopping Surveillance Video
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson highlights CNN ‘promoting’ Antifa
- BREAKING: Police give update on missing Utah student, announce they have a ‘person of interest’
- REPORT: CBP denies Marine Corps veteran entry for citizenship interview
- NEW: TeamDML launches, feedback we’ve received