UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
FREDERICK, Colo. (AP) — The bodies of two young girls were submerged in crude oil for four days before authorities discovered them on Thursday, according to court documents filed Friday by an attorney defending the girls’ father against accusations that he killed his children and wife.
The motion filed Friday by Christopher Watts’ attorney, James Merson, also asked that DNA swabs be taken from the girls’ necks. The request quotes an expert who believes the oil would not eliminate DNA and said samples can be obtained “after strangulation.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Authorities separately announced that the Weld County Coroner’s Office had performed autopsies on Friday and confirmed the bodies as 34-year-old Shanann, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste Watts.
Police did not release any information about how the mother and daughters died. More testing is planned to help determine the cause of their deaths.
Richard Eikelenboom, the expert cited by Watts’ attorney, also recommended taking DNA samples from the girls’ hands and the hands and nails of their mother. Eikelenboom has testified in several high-profile criminal trials, often on so-called “touch DNA” when small samples of genetic material are left on a surface.
A motion filed by Watts’ public defender suggests that the remains of the two children were in an oil well filled with crude oil for four days. The motion seeks DNA testing. via @NBCNightlyNews https://t.co/2mFax7ltmx
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 18, 2018
A lawyer for a Colorado man suspected in the deaths of his pregnant wife and two young daughters says the daughters’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for four days before they were found. https://t.co/LU5JcLCXbt
— WDTN (@WDTN) August 18, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant