UPDATE: Defense attorneys didn’t want Epstein on suicide watch: Source
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Defense attorneys pushed for Jeffrey Epstein to be taken off suicide watch ahead of his death on Saturday, an unidentified source told ABC News.
The financier, who was jailed on federal sex trafficking charges, had been on suicide watch after an apparent earlier attempt, but was taken off ahead of his death.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sources told ABC News that Epstein had to undergo multiple psychiatric evaluations before officials decided to take him off suicide watch.
Epstein was reportedly supposed to be checked by guards every 30 minutes. The New York Times, citing an unidentified law enforcement official, reported on Sunday, however, that guards had not been monitoring Epstein twice an hour the night he died.
Breitbart further reports:
In the wake of Jeffrey Epstein’s death over the weekend, a report says two of the high-flying financier’s longtime lawyers are seeking outside legal counsel of their own.
The New York Times reported Sunday that lawyers Jeffrey Schantz and Darren Indyke recently hired criminal defense attorneys to represent them. According to the Times, the pair were “involved with some of his trusts and other entities in New York and in the Virgin Islands.” Court documents show Epstein’s vast fortune is valued at least $559 million.
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting