UPDATE: Initial US analysis shows Iran likely behind attack on Saudi oil tankers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A preliminary U.S. assessment indicates Iran was likely behind the attack that caused “significant damage” to two Saudi oil tankers on Sunday, according to a new report. A U.S. official told the Wall Street Journal that the early findings in the ongoing analysis show Iran was likely behind the attack that occurred near the Persian Gulf as the two vessels were attempting to head into the Persian Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz.
Saudi energy minister Khalid al-Falih announced the vessels were attacked on Sunday along with at least two other oil-industry vessels. He also said that one of the ships was traveling to a Saudi port in the Persian Gulf to load oil that would head to the U.S. Few details were offered, but Saudi officials said the engine on the tanker called Al-Marzoqah caught fire, leading to an explosion.
The article goes on to state the following:
The U.S. official declined to say what the initial assessment means for the U.S. and a potential response going forward. The State Department has so far refrained from saying whether Secretary of State Mike Pompeo believes Iran or its allies was behind the attack.
“The developments warrant sharing more information, and this was a very good and convenient opportunity to stop and do a signals check with his European allies, and also to meet with NATO and the EU for similar discussions,” Brian Hook, the State Department’s special representative for Iran told reporters.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales