UPDATE: New York Times Makes Major Correction in Report About Manafort and Russian Oligarch
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The New York Times issued a correction Wednesday to a report that said former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort asked for campaign polling to be passed on to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.
The newspaper issued a correction note and clarified that Manafort asked then-deputy Trump campaign manager Rick Gates to give the polling data to Ukrainian oligarchs Serhiy Lyovochkin and Rinat Akhmetov, and not Deripaska, who has close ties to the Kremlin.
The article goes on to state the following:
“A previous version of this article misidentified the people to whom Paul Manafort wanted a Russian associate to send polling data,” the Times said in its correction Wednesday. “Mr. Manafort wanted the data sent to two Ukrainian oligarchs, Serhiy Lyovochkin and Rinat Akhmetov, not Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian oligarch close to the Kremlin.”
CORRECTION: PAUL MANAFORT asked KONSTANTIN KILIMNIK to pass TRUMP polling to the Ukrainian oligarchs SERHIY LYOVOCHKIN & RINAT AKHMETOV, & not to OLEG DERIPASKA, as originally reported. We have corrected the story & I deleted a tweet repeating the error. https://t.co/xfnnr5KNQR
— Kenneth P. Vogel (@kenvogel) January 9, 2019
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) January 9, 2019
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions