UPDATE: Orlando standoff with gunman holding 4 children comes to devastating end
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ORLANDOSENTINEL.COM:
Four young children were discovered dead at a west Orlando apartment complex late Monday, nearly 24 hours after a standoff that began when an Orlando police officer was shot responding to a domestic violence call.
The gunman was also found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in a closet when SWAT officers entered the apartment at about 9 p.m., Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at a news conference just before midnight.
“A short time ago we made entry into the apartment and found that all four children have been killed by the suspect by apparent gunshot wounds,” Mina said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The children were ages 1, 6, 10 and 11. “We have no idea when those children lost their lives,” Mina said.
Police earlier Monday had identified the suspected gunman as 35-year-old Gary Wayne Lindsey Jr., a felon who was on probation for arson and other charges.
The standoff began after officers responded about 11:45 p.m. Sunday to a woman who reported being battered by Lindsey at the Westbrook Apartments, police said. The woman had fled the second-story apartment to a nearby restaurant on Kirkman Road to call police. Officers tried to arrest Lindsey at the apartment when a shootout began.
Orlando Police officer Kevin Valencia was shot and suffered a “significant” injury, Mina said. Valencia is recovering after surgery at Orlando Regional Medical Center and was expected to live. He was still in critical condition early Tuesday, Mina said. He asked for prayers for Valencia, who is in his 20s.
Two of the children found dead are believed to be Lindsey’s, while the others are believed to belong to the domestic violence victim.
The update we all hoped we wouldn’t get.
Authorities made entry into the apartment a short time ago and discovered all 4 children dead from apparent gunshots wounds & the suspect took his own life, per Orlando Police Chief John Mina.
The kids were 1, 6, 10 and 11 years old.
— Dianne Gallagher (@DianneG) June 12, 2018
We are heartbroken to learn 4 children held hostage in an Orlando apartment have been killed. Our sincere condolences go out to their families, & we continue to pray for @OrlandoPolice Officer Kevin Valencia who remains in critical condition after also being shot by the suspect
— Seminole County S.O. (@SeminoleSO) June 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by ORLANDOSENTINEL.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Chief Mina and Sheriff Demings brief the media following 21’-hour standoff. pic.twitter.com/nXau5Y4euJ
— Orlando Police (@OrlandoPolice) June 12, 2018
— MyrtleBeachSCOnline (@mbsconlinenews) June 12, 2018
Gunman kills 4 children, himself after day-long standoff with Orlando Policehttps://t.co/iJfcZTQcIB
— Orlando Weekly (@OrlandoWeekly) June 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ORLANDOSENTINEL.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended