UPDATE: Trump Plan Mandates E-Verify, Protecting U.S. Jobs for Americans
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
A White House plan to reform the country’s legal immigration system includes a provision that mandates the use of E-Verify to prevent employers from hiring illegal aliens over American citizens.
On Thursday, President Trump announced his plan to reform the legal immigration system such that foreign nationals would be selected based on their merit, skills, and education level and then go through a rigorous assimilation period before obtaining permanent residence.
The article goes on to state the following:
While the plan does not reduce the level of legal immigration — where more than 1.2 million legal immigrants are admitted to the U.S. every year to compete against America’s working and middle class for jobs — as his 2015, 2016, and 2017 plans did, the effort does include a provision to mandate E-Verify, the system used by employers to verify that they are not hiring illegal aliens.
“The President’s proposal will ensure that all employees are legally authorized to work,” the plan mentions in its summary.
Mandatory E-Verify, pro-American immigration reformers previously said, was crucial to any immigration plan unveiled by the White House as, currently, American workers are forced to compete against illegal aliens for working class jobs in a majority of states that do not mandate the use of E-Verify.
“Even though the plan doesn’t reduce numbers overall, it contains no amnesty or guest worker increases, mandates E-Verify, and addresses the wholesale abuse of our asylum policies,” the Federation for American Immigration Reform’s (FAIR) RJ Hauman told Breitbart News.
“The literal elephant in the room is this – will all 53 Senate Republicans get behind the president on his signature issue and stay there, or will they hijack the proposal to please cheap labor interests,” Hauman said.
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: LA residents fed up with officials, demand change after homeless crisis spirals in city
- REPORT: Trump blasts Google over report of manipulated voters
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Trump trolls with meme of Trump Tower in Greenland
- VIDEO: FEC chair: Trump is ‘damaging to our democracy’
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry