VIDEO: 44 dead as typhoon wreaks havoc in eastern China
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
BEIJING (Reuters) – The death toll from typhoon Lekima in eastern China rose to 44 people on Monday morning, according to official data, as the storm continued up the coast, racking up billions of dollars in economic losses and widely disrupting travel.
An additional 12 people were recorded dead from the storm, including seven from Zhejiang province and five from Shandong, with 16 people missing, according to data from provincial emergency bureaus and state media.
The article goes on to state the following:
State broadcaster CCTV had put the death toll at 32 on Sunday.
China’s Xinhua news agency further reports:
“In Zhejiang alone, more than 21,000 service personnel and militia members have been engaged in rescue and relief. They stacked sandbags, drained muddy water off the streets and rode on inflatable boats to evacuate residents who lived in the 1,600-year-old town of Linhai, where streets were completely submerged on Saturday.
“Military rescue teams were called to the city of Taizhou in Zhejiang, where a large part of urban areas suffered power cuts, shortage of tap water and disruption of communication.”
„Lekima“ – Taifun in China: Staatsmedien berichten von mindestens 43 Toten und zehn Vermissten https://t.co/4dE6zyk0U4
— FOCUS Panorama (@focuspanorama) August 12, 2019
— PT Equity World (@ptequityworld) August 12, 2019
— BeritaRTM (@beritartm) August 12, 2019
— sootin claimon (@SoilFertilizer) August 12, 2019
RT @globaltimesnews: Typhoon #Lekima has affected 1.65 million people in East China’s Shandong Province leaving 5 dead and 7 missing. Relief works are being carried out in an orderly manner, reports said. pic.twitter.com/0s42hYNA4J
— China Law & Policy (@chinalawpolicy) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’