VIDEO: 44 dead as typhoon wreaks havoc in eastern China
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
BEIJING (Reuters) – The death toll from typhoon Lekima in eastern China rose to 44 people on Monday morning, according to official data, as the storm continued up the coast, racking up billions of dollars in economic losses and widely disrupting travel.
An additional 12 people were recorded dead from the storm, including seven from Zhejiang province and five from Shandong, with 16 people missing, according to data from provincial emergency bureaus and state media.
The article goes on to state the following:
State broadcaster CCTV had put the death toll at 32 on Sunday.
China’s Xinhua news agency further reports:
“In Zhejiang alone, more than 21,000 service personnel and militia members have been engaged in rescue and relief. They stacked sandbags, drained muddy water off the streets and rode on inflatable boats to evacuate residents who lived in the 1,600-year-old town of Linhai, where streets were completely submerged on Saturday.
“Military rescue teams were called to the city of Taizhou in Zhejiang, where a large part of urban areas suffered power cuts, shortage of tap water and disruption of communication.”
„Lekima“ – Taifun in China: Staatsmedien berichten von mindestens 43 Toten und zehn Vermissten https://t.co/4dE6zyk0U4
— FOCUS Panorama (@focuspanorama) August 12, 2019
— PT Equity World (@ptequityworld) August 12, 2019
— BeritaRTM (@beritartm) August 12, 2019
— sootin claimon (@SoilFertilizer) August 12, 2019
RT @globaltimesnews: Typhoon #Lekima has affected 1.65 million people in East China’s Shandong Province leaving 5 dead and 7 missing. Relief works are being carried out in an orderly manner, reports said. pic.twitter.com/0s42hYNA4J
— China Law & Policy (@chinalawpolicy) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]