VIDEO: Adam Schiff says Mueller investigation may be lacking in key area
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Sunday questioned whether special counsel Robert Mueller has adequately investigated President Trump’s financial dealings with a German bank, thus reinforcing his case for a new Democrat-led House to begin its own inquiries into the president’s finances.
During an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the Democratic California congressman said his concerns stem from a New York Times report in April that said Trump tried to get Mueller fired after it was reported the special counsel had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank. That same report said Trump backed down only after Mueller’s office told his advisers and lawyers that the reports were untrue.
The article goes on to state the following:
The president has warned that Mueller’s investigators would be crossing a “red line” if they sought to investigate his personal finances and business dealings. Deutsche Bank provided loans to Trump in the 1990s after U.S. lenders opted against it following a flurry of bankruptcies.
“If the special counsel hasn’t subpoenaed Deutsche Bank, he can’t be doing much of a money laundering investigation,” Schiff said. “So that’s what concerns me, that that red line has been enforced, whether by the deputy attorney general [Rod Rosenstein] or by some other party at the Justice Department. But that leaves the country exposed.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190