VIDEO: Army war hero and dad of four killed in gruesome construction accident
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
New York – A construction worker who was an Army war hero and a dad of four was fatally crushed early Saturday, when a 7.5 ton counterweight fell from a crane during work at a luxury condo site in Soho.
Lifelong Bushwick, Brooklyn, resident Gregory Echevarria, 34, died instantly in the gruesome, pre-dawn accident at the corner of Broome and Varick streets.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I didn’t see it, but I heard he was split in half. You are talking about 15,000-16,000 pounds,” said one shaken co-worker.
A second victim sustained minor injuries and was taken to an area hospital.
Echevarria, a crane rigger, was helping set up equipment owned by Cranes Express, a company with a history of OSHA violations and at least one previous on-the-job fatality.
34-year-old Gregory Echevarria, an Army war hero and father of four, was killed earlier today in a construction accident.
— Paula Vasan (@PaulaVasan) April 13, 2019
Terrible. 34 yo Gregory Echevarria is the third construction worker killed on the job in NYC this week. Loved ones remember him as a jokester and teddy bear, elected officials calling for tighter safety regulations, and DOB investigation how a counterweight fell and killed him pic.twitter.com/FRoLPKr1JO
— Van Tieu (@Van_Tieu) April 13, 2019
Army war hero and dad of four killed in gruesome Soho construction accident https://t.co/xgjS2B4gSg
— #InternetBillOfRights❌ (@Bim_Star) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake