VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke declares ‘This country was founded on white supremacy’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
While speaking with immigrants and refugees in Nashville, presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke said the United States was founded on white supremacy and “every single structure” reflects the nation’s legacy of racism.
“Here we are in Nashville, I know this from my home state of Texas, those places that formed the Confederacy, that this country was founded on white supremacy and every single institution and structure that we have in our country still reflects the legacy of the slavery and segregation and Jim Crow and suppression, even in our democracy,” the former Texas congressman said on Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
During the same discussion, O’Rourke also said it has not been just Republican presidents who have deported illegal immigrants.
O’Rourke declared in a Twitter post on Monday, “My plan creates a pathway to citizenship for 11 million people in this country – including DREAMers and their parents – so our laws and how we treat immigrants are reflective of our values. Let us fully embrace the strength immigration brings to America.”
My plan creates a pathway to citizenship for 11 million people in this country – including DREAMers and their parents – so our laws and how we treat immigrants are reflective of our values. Let us fully embrace the strength immigration brings to America. https://t.co/f2fcNHeB3E
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) July 9, 2019
O’Rourke acknowledged it has not been just Republican presidents who have deported illegal immigrants.https://t.co/3Uo2TGDiOU
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling