VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke declares ‘This country was founded on white supremacy’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
While speaking with immigrants and refugees in Nashville, presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke said the United States was founded on white supremacy and “every single structure” reflects the nation’s legacy of racism.
“Here we are in Nashville, I know this from my home state of Texas, those places that formed the Confederacy, that this country was founded on white supremacy and every single institution and structure that we have in our country still reflects the legacy of the slavery and segregation and Jim Crow and suppression, even in our democracy,” the former Texas congressman said on Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
During the same discussion, O’Rourke also said it has not been just Republican presidents who have deported illegal immigrants.
O’Rourke declared in a Twitter post on Monday, “My plan creates a pathway to citizenship for 11 million people in this country – including DREAMers and their parents – so our laws and how we treat immigrants are reflective of our values. Let us fully embrace the strength immigration brings to America.”
My plan creates a pathway to citizenship for 11 million people in this country – including DREAMers and their parents – so our laws and how we treat immigrants are reflective of our values. Let us fully embrace the strength immigration brings to America. https://t.co/f2fcNHeB3E
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) July 9, 2019
O’Rourke acknowledged it has not been just Republican presidents who have deported illegal immigrants.https://t.co/3Uo2TGDiOU
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?