VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke denounces Trump’s speech on border crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) denounced President Trump’s primetime speech Tuesday night as an effort to “instill anxiety and paranoia” about the U.S.-Mexico border, which the potential 2020 presidential candidate called “one of the safest places” in the country.
O’Rourke, an El Paso, Texas, native who represented a congressional district near the border for three terms, posted a two-minute video late Tuesday that showed southern border. He described the area as “peaceful” just hours after Trump delivered an Oval Office address aimed at building support for his proposed border wall.
The article goes on to state the following:
“By any measure the border is as safe as it’s ever been,” O’Rourke said. “And the president using fear and anecdote to try to instill anxiety and paranoia to build the political will to construct this wall that would cost $30 billion and take private property and cause death and suffering… that was what we heard from the Oval Office.”
A shot of the U.S.-Mexico border pic.twitter.com/R35klcZ0Ov
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake