VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke denounces Trump’s speech on border crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) denounced President Trump’s primetime speech Tuesday night as an effort to “instill anxiety and paranoia” about the U.S.-Mexico border, which the potential 2020 presidential candidate called “one of the safest places” in the country.
O’Rourke, an El Paso, Texas, native who represented a congressional district near the border for three terms, posted a two-minute video late Tuesday that showed southern border. He described the area as “peaceful” just hours after Trump delivered an Oval Office address aimed at building support for his proposed border wall.
The article goes on to state the following:
“By any measure the border is as safe as it’s ever been,” O’Rourke said. “And the president using fear and anecdote to try to instill anxiety and paranoia to build the political will to construct this wall that would cost $30 billion and take private property and cause death and suffering… that was what we heard from the Oval Office.”
A shot of the U.S.-Mexico border pic.twitter.com/R35klcZ0Ov
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly