VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
As a suit-clad bodyguard ushered him away, Democratic White House hopeful and failed senate candidate Beto O’Rourke was pressed by a self-identified Afghanistan veteran on his policy for withdrawing troops at a campaign event in South Carolina.
The former congressman from Texas said that under his administration, there would be an understanding that the U.S. is not capable of determining the internal affairs of another nation and that he would pull out U.S. troops after Afghanistan without hesitation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“You have the humility of understanding that, as powerful as we are, we cannot determine the internal affairs of other countries,” the candidate said, as a bodyguard stood between him and the questioner with a hand on O’Rourke’s waist.
In the video, the vet tells O’Rourke”It’s not as easy as just ‘time to go home.’ What’s your plan for getting us out and not leaving the country the shitshow it is.”
O’Rourke made a reply but did not provide specifics on any withdrawal plan.
After a day that was light on foreign policy, @BetoORourke gets pressed about Afghanistan by a local army vet. O’Rourke says he’d bring troops home.
“You have the humility of understanding that, as powerful as we are, we cannot determine the internal affairs of other countries.” pic.twitter.com/7UUdHWukOz
— Jamie Lovegrove (@jslovegrove) March 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Judge’s Description of Epstein in 33-Page Opinion is Stunning
- BREAKING: Teen found wandering in Kentucky says he’s the boy who vanished almost 8 years ago
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling
- BREAKING: Iran ‘seizes British-flagged oil tanker’