VIDEO: Biden vows to slash prison population by shocking amount
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Joe Biden declared over the weekend that he would drastically shrink U.S. prison populations when a voter asked him if he would commit to a 50% reduction of incarcerations. The 2020 Democratic front-runner said enthusiastically, “More than that. We can do it more than that.”
In a brief interview at a South Carolina campaign event, a self-identified ACLU “rights for all” voter, Keith Albert, told Biden that he had already spoken to four other presidential candidates who had endorsed bipartisan reforms to criminal justice and wanted to hear what Biden’s intended commitment would be. Biden told him he would cut even more than the 50% Albert proposed, and then told an aide to take his name so that they could send him the complete campaign plan for criminal justice reform.
The article goes on to state the following:
Albert pressed for a more direct commitment from Biden asking, “Is it a yes or no?” to which Biden replied sharply, “Yes, the answer’s yes! But I’ve got a better plan than you guys have.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?