VIDEO: Black man born in America sues sheriff after he claims he was nearly deported to Jamaica
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An American-born citizen who claims he was unlawfully detained by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and threatened with deportation to Jamaica is now suing a local sheriff’s office that allegedly held him in custody based on a request from the agency.
NBC News reported on Wednesday that the man, Peter Sean Brown, who was born in Philadelphia, filed a federal lawsuit against the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office in Florida on Monday after claiming authorities ignored his attempts to prove his identity and threatened to have him flagged him for deportation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Brown described the experience in a video released by the American Civil Liberties Union on Monday.
Peter Sean Brown is a US citizen who was born in Philadelphia. But he says ICE detained him anyway. He filed a lawsuit Monday. “There has to be a stop at some point,” Brown said, “before it becomes all of us.” https://t.co/j9znjubM8j
— Catherine Shoichet (@CatherineCNN) December 3, 2018
Peter Sean Brown, who was BORN in Philadelphia, was DETAINED by Florida authorities and flagged for deportation after a request from ICE, according to a lawsuit. Brown said: “AMERICA is falling apart due to Racism”! https://t.co/P6cWRcM9KL
— choice curtis (@mychoicealways) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts