VIDEO: Black man born in America sues sheriff after he claims he was nearly deported to Jamaica
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An American-born citizen who claims he was unlawfully detained by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and threatened with deportation to Jamaica is now suing a local sheriff’s office that allegedly held him in custody based on a request from the agency.
NBC News reported on Wednesday that the man, Peter Sean Brown, who was born in Philadelphia, filed a federal lawsuit against the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office in Florida on Monday after claiming authorities ignored his attempts to prove his identity and threatened to have him flagged him for deportation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Brown described the experience in a video released by the American Civil Liberties Union on Monday.
Peter Sean Brown is a US citizen who was born in Philadelphia. But he says ICE detained him anyway. He filed a lawsuit Monday. “There has to be a stop at some point,” Brown said, “before it becomes all of us.” https://t.co/j9znjubM8j
— Catherine Shoichet (@CatherineCNN) December 3, 2018
Peter Sean Brown, who was BORN in Philadelphia, was DETAINED by Florida authorities and flagged for deportation after a request from ICE, according to a lawsuit. Brown said: “AMERICA is falling apart due to Racism”! https://t.co/P6cWRcM9KL
— choice curtis (@mychoicealways) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ex-NASA engineer builds glitter bomb for EPIC revenge on package thieves
- BREAKING: AZ governor appoints McSally to John McCain’s Senate seat, Cindy McCain responds
- UPDATE: Major advertisers announce they will stand by Tucker Carlson, won’t boycott
- BREAKING: Judge rips into Michael Flynn for ‘serious’ offenses, delays sentencing
- JUST IN: Panel of judges makes decision on ethics complaints against Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: House Republicans release transcript of second James Comey interview (READ)
- BREAKING: Judge rules mystery company owned by foreign country must comply with grand jury subpoena, suspected of being part of Mueller’s investigation
- BREAKING: ‘Laverne & Shirley’ star Penny Marshall dies
- BREAKING: Andy Pollack, father of Parkland shooting victim, tweets announcement on school safety and Trump
- BREAKING: Embattled Trump Foundation forced to dissolve itself under court supervision