VIDEO: Boy stands from wheelchair to show respect during the national anthem
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A 10-year-old boy who often uses a wheelchair and requires braces on his legs managed to stand for the national anthem at a Tennessee fair on Sunday night.
Avery Price has hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP) syndrome, a condition similar to cerebral palsy, which makes it difficult for him to use his legs, Fox 17 reports. Despite the disability, however, Avery said he wanted to show his patriotism at the Putnam County Fair in Cookeville.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I usually sit and put my hand on my heart, but last night I decided to stand … because I like to stand for my country,” Avery told Fox 17.
Both of Avery’s parents have said they were “very proud” of their son.
“That makes me feel really good, especially [considering] the stuff he’s been through, and the fact that he still wanted to do that, that’s amazing to me,” said Avery’s dad Stephen Price, who helped steady his son during the anthem. “He’s a very, very patriotic kid … He’s always been that way.”
And not only did Avery’s patriotic moment touch the hearts of his parents, but it also echoed across the Internet after Leah Norris, a woman sitting nearby, shared footage of the touching scene to Facebook.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl