VIDEO: California ‘three states’ plan OK’d for November ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An initiative to divide California into three states has received enough signatures to qualify it for the November ballot, the California secretary of state’s office confirmed Tuesday.
The three-states campaign, dubbed “Cal-3,” submitted more than 600,000 signatures.
Tim Draper, a billionaire Silicon Valley venture capital investor, sponsored the ballot measure to divide America’s most populous state into three jurisdictions, the Mercury News of San Jose, Calif., reported.
The article reports the proposal would divide the state as follows:
— California would be made up of six mainly coastal counties, including Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
— Northern California would include 40 counties from Santa Cruz to the Oregon border, including San Francisco and Sacramento, the state’s current capital.
— Southern California would comprise 12 counties, including Fresno, Kern, Orange and San Diego counties.
Even if voters approved the plan, it would still require approval from the California Assembly and Senate, the Los Angeles Times reported.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 13, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Man forced neighbors do chores so ‘they knew what it was like to be slaves’
- VIDEO: FOX affiliate staffer fired after TV station airs grotesque, altered video of President Trump
- BREAKING: Anti-Trump activists hold rallies across US to call for impeachment [VIDEOS, PICTURES]
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him
- REPORT: Dominican model in ‘love triangle between David Ortiz and a drug lord’