VIDEO: Campaign committee accused of ‘weaponizing’ McCain’s words in ‘attack ads’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Family members of the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) say they are “disappointed” in the GOP for using clips of McCain in a series of attack ads, Politico reported Wednesday.
Rick Davis, a former adviser to McCain and a friend of the family, told Politico that the McCains are upset that the senator’s image and words are being “weaponized” just weeks after his death.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The family is disappointed that John’s image is being weaponized this election cycle so soon after his passing, and they had hoped there would be a more appropriate amount of time for people to think about his final message before they began to politicize him,” Davis said.
A Democratic candidate in New Jersey is also facing criticism for using McCain’s comments in a campaign ad. Tom Malinowski, who is running in a New Jersey House district, is running an ad that includes a clip of McCain praising Malinowski for opposing torture.
Politico reports the following:
Some Republicans, however, were frustrated by the content. Matt Brooks, the executive director of the Republican Jewish coalition, criticized Malinowski for using McCain’s praise for political gain, and called for the Democrat to take down the commercial.
“To wait until the passing of Senator McCain to release a political ad featuring his kind words, and implying support for Malinowski, a claim that McCain is no longer here to refute, is disgusting,” Brooks said.
Malinowski’s campaign said Brooks’ criticism was incorrect.
“Tom has been in touch with Senator McCain’s representatives throughout the campaign and has kept them in the loop since we initially used the footage back in February, including prior to running this ad. They expressed no objections to Tom using this footage or speaking about his work with Senator McCain,” said Benji Schwartz, Malinowski’s communications director.
Republicans attacked Democrat Tom Malinowski for “lobbying for terrorists rights.”
Now, Malinowski has an ad with John McCain saying he is “forever grateful” to Malinowski for lobbying against torture. https://t.co/R5czoJvzsV
— Jonathan Allen (@jonallendc) September 12, 2018
McCain family denounces use of late senator’s image in new NRCC attack ad https://t.co/CAaPRl5RTi
— Scott Wong (@scottwongDC) September 13, 2018
Rick Davis, a family friend and former top adviser to the late Sen. John McCain, said McCain’s family was disappointed that his past comments are being “weaponized” in a new flight of battleground political ads airing just weeks after his death https://t.co/A6Ug8hdRSl
— POLITICO (@politico) September 12, 2018
— Dan Nowicki (@dannowicki) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter