VIDEO: Canada’s Largest Oil Refinery Reports ‘Major Incident’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
A large explosion and fire broke out Monday at Canada’s largest oil refinery, but the company operating the plant in Saint John, New Brunswick, said all its workers escaped without any life-threatening injuries.
Irving Oil Ltd., which owns and operates the 320,000-barrel-a-day refinery, reported the “major incident” Monday morning, while local media said witnesses reported a “bed-shaking explosion” followed by a large fire. Video images of the scene showed flames several stories high shooting up from the plant, along with tall plumes of white and black smoke.
“We now understand that all employees and contractors working on site have been safely accounted for,” Irving said on Twitter, noting the incident remains an “active situation.” The company said several contract workers were injured during the incident, but said the injuries were “non-life threatening.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The mayor of the city of Saint John, Don Darling, said on a Facebook video that the entire refinery has been shut down, and said the flames seen were “basically burn off.” He added that no evacuations were ordered, but asked citizens to remain in their homes until an all-clear is given.
“Thank God for no one being killed in an event like this,” Mayor Darling said.
An explosion and fire were reported in New Brunswick, Canada at an oil refinery. The company that own the facility confirmed a “major incident” and is assessing the situation. https://t.co/FXvGKi1vGs pic.twitter.com/LVY38rv4nq
— ABC News (@ABC) October 8, 2018
— Gulf-Times (@GulfTimes_QATAR) October 8, 2018
Massive explosion at Canada’s largest oil refinery sends smoke clouds billowing and flames shooting 100-FEET into the sky https://t.co/uLtjM0sKT8
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) October 8, 2018
Smoke and fire billow from the Irving Oil refinery in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. The company said on Twitter that a “major incident” had occurred. [08 October] #fivosi #refineryfire #irvingoil pic.twitter.com/mr24pALlTr
— FivosiDesk (@Fivosi_Desk) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WSJ.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance