VIDEO: Canada’s Largest Oil Refinery Reports ‘Major Incident’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
A large explosion and fire broke out Monday at Canada’s largest oil refinery, but the company operating the plant in Saint John, New Brunswick, said all its workers escaped without any life-threatening injuries.
Irving Oil Ltd., which owns and operates the 320,000-barrel-a-day refinery, reported the “major incident” Monday morning, while local media said witnesses reported a “bed-shaking explosion” followed by a large fire. Video images of the scene showed flames several stories high shooting up from the plant, along with tall plumes of white and black smoke.
“We now understand that all employees and contractors working on site have been safely accounted for,” Irving said on Twitter, noting the incident remains an “active situation.” The company said several contract workers were injured during the incident, but said the injuries were “non-life threatening.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The mayor of the city of Saint John, Don Darling, said on a Facebook video that the entire refinery has been shut down, and said the flames seen were “basically burn off.” He added that no evacuations were ordered, but asked citizens to remain in their homes until an all-clear is given.
“Thank God for no one being killed in an event like this,” Mayor Darling said.
An explosion and fire were reported in New Brunswick, Canada at an oil refinery. The company that own the facility confirmed a “major incident” and is assessing the situation. https://t.co/FXvGKi1vGs pic.twitter.com/LVY38rv4nq
— ABC News (@ABC) October 8, 2018
— Gulf-Times (@GulfTimes_QATAR) October 8, 2018
Massive explosion at Canada’s largest oil refinery sends smoke clouds billowing and flames shooting 100-FEET into the sky https://t.co/uLtjM0sKT8
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) October 8, 2018
Smoke and fire billow from the Irving Oil refinery in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. The company said on Twitter that a “major incident” had occurred. [08 October] #fivosi #refineryfire #irvingoil pic.twitter.com/mr24pALlTr
— FivosiDesk (@Fivosi_Desk) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WSJ.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Boy, 4, dies after being impaled in freak household accident
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse