VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Chief Justice John Roberts spoke publicly for the first time Tuesday about Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s contentious ascension to the U.S. Supreme Court, vowing to protect the Court’s independence and impartiality.
Delivering remarks at the University of Minnesota Law School, Roberts opened by alluding to Kavanaugh’s confirmation. He noted that the justices shake hands with one another before entering the courtroom for oral argument or gathering for private conferences, in keeping with a tradition established by Chief Justice Melville Fuller, who led the Court from 1888 to 1910.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s a small thing, perhaps, but it is a repeated reminder that, as our newest colleague put it, we do not sit on opposite sides of an aisle, we do not caucus in separate rooms, we do not serve one party or one interest, we serve one nation,” the chief said, referencing remarks Kavanaugh made during his ceremonial installation at the White House.
— POLITICO (@politico) October 17, 2018
Watch his full speech below:
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYCALLER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Justice Roberts breaks silence on Kavanaugh: “We do not sit on opposite sides of an aisle, we do not caucus in separate rooms, we do not serve one party or one interest, we serve one nation. I want to assure all of you that we will continue to do that.”https://t.co/nRGSbjLHwf
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) October 17, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes
- Students arrested for bringing weapons to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: JFK customs officer arrested for stealing thousands from customers’ bags