VIDEO: Chopping Down Own Trees Nets NY Man $22,500 In Village Fines
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSLOCAL.COM:
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A Long Island man is being fined more than $20,000 for chopping down trees in his own yard.
He says the trees were a danger to his family and property, but officials in his village disagree saying he didn’t go through proper channels and now he has to pay up, reports CBS2’s Elise Finch.
The article goes on to state the following:
Pericles Linardos has called his Nassau County wooded property in the Village of Muttontown home since he was 12 years old.
He says Superstorm Sandy cracked and split dozens of trees on his property, included several in his front yard that have since been replaced by bushes.
One tree was toppled and damaged six others on its way down, so two months after it happened, he had all seven of them removed.
Linardos says the tree experts he consulted said it was necessary to make his property safer.
That’s when the conflict began, as did the fines.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSLOCAL.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSLOCAL.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)