VIDEO: CNN LGBTQ town hall interrupted by protesters
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A CNN LGBTQ town hall featuring many 2020 Democratic presidential candidates was interrupted by protesters on Thursday night, including one incident when a microphone was taken from a questioner at the event in Los Angeles.
A protester named Blossom C. Brown took the mic from a questioner while former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke was on stage.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Black trans women are dying, our lives matter!” Brown shouted. “I am an extraordinary black trans woman, and I deserve to be here!”
The irate person continued, “I am tired. I am so tired … It’s not just my black trans women, it’s my black trans brothers too. And I’m going to say what I’m going to say.”
WATCH what happened in the video below:
Later, Beto responded on Twitter to “Blossom”, who had tweeted during the town hall:
Blossom, thank you for making your voice heard tonight. We will hold a town hall focused on trans women of color. And I hope you’ll be there. https://t.co/xCCXc5MW0t
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) October 11, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace challenges Hakeem Jeffries’ claim that souvenir pen ceremony was ‘solemn’
- VIDEO: Graham announces probability of dismissing impeachment articles right away
- REPORT: New Jersey cop makes devastating decision as first responders tried to rescue him from crash
- REPORT: Horrific accident involving 2 cars leaves woman dead
- REPORT: 10 year-old injury leads to death — and a homicide ruling
- REPORT: Democratic lawmaker dismisses Nunes lawsuit threat: ‘Take your letter and shove it’
- REPORT: Missing California couple found dead in Mexico
- REPORT: Biden campaign issues warning to media ahead of impeachment trial
- VIDEO: Schiff claims that intelligence community is WITHHOLDING documents
- VIDEO: Suspect at large after two Hawaii police officers fatally shot, homes set ablaze