VIDEO: CNN’s Cuomo apologizes for airing Trump’s 9/11-Omar video
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
CNN host Chris Cuomo on Friday apologized for airing an edited video tweeted out by President Trump showing images of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centers, a video attempting to criticize Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.).
“I apologize to the families of the victims of 9/11 and people that were there that day,” Cuomo said before showing the clip. “That video should not be used in political hit ads. I’m using it to make a point. I didn’t make the ad. If I thought about it more, I don’t think I’d even play the ad.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“So, I apologize to you,” he continued. “I don’t mean to revisit your nightmares. I’m sorry if that’s the effect it has.”
Cuomo apologized again at the end of the segment and vowed not to to show the clip again.
“I don’t care if it’s positive about how far we’ve come since 9/11. Whatever it is, I’m not going to show those images of that day. I know what they mean to the families. This happened quickly with this video, I won’t do it again,” Cuomo said.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET! pic.twitter.com/VxrGFRFeJM
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 12, 2019
This is dangerous incitement, given the death threats I face. I hope leaders of both parties will join me in condemning it.
My love and commitment to our country and that of my colleagues should never be in question. We are ALL Americans! pic.twitter.com/foTZMpiZKv
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) April 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march