VIDEO: CNN’s Cuomo apologizes for airing Trump’s 9/11-Omar video
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
CNN host Chris Cuomo on Friday apologized for airing an edited video tweeted out by President Trump showing images of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centers, a video attempting to criticize Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.).
“I apologize to the families of the victims of 9/11 and people that were there that day,” Cuomo said before showing the clip. “That video should not be used in political hit ads. I’m using it to make a point. I didn’t make the ad. If I thought about it more, I don’t think I’d even play the ad.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“So, I apologize to you,” he continued. “I don’t mean to revisit your nightmares. I’m sorry if that’s the effect it has.”
Cuomo apologized again at the end of the segment and vowed not to to show the clip again.
“I don’t care if it’s positive about how far we’ve come since 9/11. Whatever it is, I’m not going to show those images of that day. I know what they mean to the families. This happened quickly with this video, I won’t do it again,” Cuomo said.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET! pic.twitter.com/VxrGFRFeJM
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 12, 2019
This is dangerous incitement, given the death threats I face. I hope leaders of both parties will join me in condemning it.
My love and commitment to our country and that of my colleagues should never be in question. We are ALL Americans! pic.twitter.com/foTZMpiZKv
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) April 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- VIDEO: Tucker On Democrats’ Reactions To Trump Sanctuary Idea: ‘It Sounds A Little … Racist!’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters meets her match, debates woman on the street
- UPDATE: Joe Biden doesn’t recall alleged kissing incident from 2014
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)