VIDEO: Corporation announces plans to move production from two US locations to Mexico
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NEWS5CLEVELAND.COM:
OHIO – An international chemical company based in Mayfield Heights has announced plans to move some of its production to Mexico.
Ferro Corp. said Friday it would discontinue porcelain enamel production at its East 56th street facility in Cleveland over the course of 2019. The Ohio firm will eliminate approximately 80 positions at the location.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to a statement released to the media, production from two facilities in the U.S. and multiple Latin American sites is to be consolidated at an expanded facility in Villagran, Mexico.
CLICK HERE to read more from News5Cleveland.
Another facility in Washington, Pennsylvania is also affected by the firm’s decision to expand in Mexico. WPXI.com reported the following;
An international chemical company will begin shutting down its Washington plant, cutting about 160 jobs and relocating 50 more.
The Ferro Corp. plant on West Wylie Avenue is outdated, the company said, and the company is discontinuing investment in its modernization.
The company reportedly stated that the Mexco plant offers “a modern, comprehensive, efficient facility for a more sustainable future.” They cited high production costs as one of the reasons for the move.
Ferro Corp. to close Cleveland plant, expanding Mexico plant https://t.co/pJDg7bQNXH
— News 5 Cleveland (@WEWS) January 12, 2019
— Observer-Reporter (@oronline) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NEWS5CLEVELAND.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Submit News
- REPORT: Twitter goes wild over Nancy Pelosi’s yellow motorcycle jacket
- REPORT: Boy who was slashed in the throat by mom dies while standing in lunch line at school
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- DML LIVE: How to email your disgust to Fox News for screwing Trump (Fri – June 14)
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- CLAIM: School system having 10-year-old girls conduct “condom races”