VIDEO: Deep sea explorers find mysterious creatures, one ‘horror,’ off southeastern coast
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CHARLOTTEOBSERVER.COM:
A creature described as “a rarely seen horror” by National Geographic is among the finds made by NOAA explorers scouring the ocean floor off the southeastern United States, including both Carolinas.
Photos from the 17 dives have been posted online, and they reveal a rogue’s gallery of sea creatures spotted May 22 through July 2.
The article goes on to state the following:
In some cases, experts aboard the explorer ship Okeanos admitted what they were viewing remotely was “unidentified,” such as the octopus-type plant found growing off Currituck or the “potential” hydriod that resembled a pink cauliflower with multiple legs.
In other instances, biologists stumbled on known but uncommon sights such as the deepsea lizard fish, which resembles its name in the worst possible sense. One was seen 5,810 feet down off Currituck on July 1, looking fluorescent in the camera’s light.
National Geographic describes the lizardfish as a “horror” that has a “maw of sharp teeth and haunting black eyes.” Its scientific name is the dinosaur-sounding bathysaurus.
“They can grow more than two feet in length,” reported National Geographic, “and have both male and female organs, which enables them to mate with any member of their species.”
To weigh in on this information provided by CHARLOTTEOBSERVER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CHARLOTTEOBSERVER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’