VIDEO: Dem lawmakers deliver trash to White House amid shutdown
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
With trash cans overflowing at national parks across the country amid the partial government shutdown, two Democratic lawmakers from California made a show of bringing some of the garbage to the White House on Wednesday.
Reps. Jackie Speier and Jared Huffman spent their Saturday alongside volunteers at the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, which is run by the National Park Service, picking up trash. On Wednesday morning, the two House members hauled it to the White House to provide a “reality check” to President Trump about the shutdown’s impact.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Let it never be said that I didn’t give anything to Donald Trump,” Huffman said on Wednesday. “Today I’m bringing boxes of trash from that rainy Saturday in San Francisco to provide a reality check to the president, so that he understands that his political stunt in shutting down the government over the border wall has real world consequences.”
Watch: Democrats deliver ‘Trump trash’ from shutdown to the White House https://t.co/YWMcm7MfFl
— The Progressive (@1Progressivism) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions