VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Democrats erupted into chants of “USA” for about 30 seconds Thursday on the House floor after a top Democrat gave a spirited speech condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin for his country’s interference in the last U.S. election.
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., called on lawmakers to stop giving into Putin by committing more funding to election security.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This amendment responds by providing for us to partner with our states to slam the door in the face of the Russian bear or any other adversary who seeks to steal the integrity of our elections,” Hoyer said.
“Surely, we can rise above pandering to party and Putin to act on behalf of our freedom and our security. We have sworn an oath to defend our Constitution and our liberty against all enemies foreign and domestic,” he continued.
Hoyer kept speaking over bangs of the gavel to return the House to order. Once finished, Democrats applauded Hoyer’s remarks and began chanting “USA! USA! USA!”
.@WhipHoyer on motion to recommit to spending bill for more election security funds: “Surely we can rise above pandering to party and Putin to act on behalf of our freedom and our security.”
House Democrats chant USA on House floor.
— CSPAN (@cspan) July 19, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees